1/30/2011

Limited Vision

As you can probably see, I've been struggling a bit with formatting on this blog.  I like to write out a draft post in a document on my Mac, then cut and paste.  But somehow during this process the font changes and no longer complies normally with blogger editing tools.

Anyway, it's a work in progress, and I'm enjoying the process of learning!

A thought today:  It's so easy to judge others and separate ourselves from them and their situation.  My father did that recently with regard to my life and his idea of "meaning."

I know I have done the same thing looking at my parents' choices.  And I have done it in relationships, taking on an attitude of contempt versus compassion.

This song, by Ani DiFranco fills me with a sense of strength when I hear it and is a reminder that each of us is so much more than one person's necessarily limited view and judgments.

No comments:

Post a Comment