5/29/2011

Spiritual Ruminations

Blogger has been giving me hell yesterday and today, or maybe it's my computer, I'm not sure yet.  In any case, I haven't been able to post or leave comments.  Accessing my blog through another browser seems to have fixed the problem for now.

Yesterday, I reconnected with one of my spiritual teachers, Barbara Marx Hubbard (BMH), and thought I would share a couple of related links for anyone who wants to check them out.  The first one is her Facebook site where you can learn more about her and her ideas, books, courses, etc.  The second one she posted on her wall.  I haven't jumped into it yet, but plan to do so in the near future.

Barbara Marx Hubbard Facebook

Evolutionize Your Life! Michael Dowd & Connie Barlow

One of my favorite concepts from her book Conscious Evolution speaks to the idea of "Imaginal Cells."  Imaginal Cells were originally a biological concept within the process of a caterpillar transforming into a butterfly.  As the caterpillar's physical structure breaks down within the cocoon, Imaginal Cells emerge to rebuild the organic matter into the form of a butterfly.

Using this metaphor, BMH talks about our societal structures breaking down at times of evolutionary change and people/orgs emerging in the role of "Imaginal Cells" to recreate something new (more complex/evolved).

When I read this idea in graduate school, I loved the idea of being or being part of an Imaginal Cell.  I resonated with the thought that many current societal structures were not working/breaking down, and that, through consciousness and choice, we could take a more active role in our evolution. 

There is also a "Gateway" study program BMH offers.  I completed the first iteration of this program way back when, on a scholarship.  I'm now feeling drawn to spend some more time with my work in this program, with her and other related teachers' ideas and courses, and hope to share my progress periodically on this blog.

Brief sound healing/chocolate man update:  We have been having some pretty deep email exchanges.  He said he had a "break through" yesterday in one of the NVC workshops of his weekend intensive.  I'm trying to keep expectations low, but needless to say am curious as to if/how this relates to our situation.

In considering whether there were any way I might continue spending time with him and feel emotionally comfortable, I have thought about maybe actively seeking to date other people and dating him, while keeping some clear boundaries.

I think that would only work for me, however, within the framework of him dating his ex and dating me (and possibly others), not if he is committed or "in relationship" with his ex.  I don't see how we can be "just friends" with the chemistry piece there. . .

But then I'm not sure how it would feel knowing about her plans to come stay with him for a couple of months in November.  So this is all fodder for our conversation tonight and/or tomorrow.

I am appreciating his honesty now (after withholding information while on his trip) and find my time and conversations with him are adding a lot to my life.  I just would rather not get hurt, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment