8/05/2017

A Long-Awaited Celebration

I finally received my certificate of approval for the homestudy yesterday! It's currently on my mantle where I can see it, along with an official card for my wallet proving I'm a certified foster parent. I would post a picture, but I don't want to put my details on up on the blog...I promise it is a beautiful sight to see and includes placement parameters of gender, age, and ethnicity, etc. 😃

I sent the news to my closest friends and family, but it was one of those times I wished I lived close to someone with whom I could actually celebrate in person. It would've been wonderful to go out and have a drink and discuss and toast this significant achievement.

My aunt asked me if I'm on the waiting list now… I don't think I am until I meet with my placement social worker on the 22nd, but I'm not sure. Actually,  now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure because I haven't given them the three copies of my family book yet, which I will do when she visits.

Apparently, as I think I shared before,  they take these books to the meetings with the various counties and show them to the folks who are representing the children who need placement. So that will be another milestone, but these pieces of paper provide a sense of huge accomplishment and are something that can't be taken away from me.

I might go to my local Mexican restaurant to celebrate for an early dinner tonight… On Sunday I'm meeting with a local SMC who is also pursuing adoption.  I'm looking forward to hearing her perspective and experience so far.

Other than that, my current excitement is watching Game of Thrones. It is so incredibly violent! But I'm pretty addicted now, and the acting is excellent. I have waited to watch it for a long time but I am now finishing season three. Kind of interesting hearing about how the Notre Dame cathedral in France is apparently crumbling because of pollution, over use, and plain old time. It was built 800 years ago in medieval times, similar to Game of Thrones era – without the Science fiction and  magic.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That is a huge achievement. Very happy and excited for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! I'm so excited for you! It seems like you are closer on your path to becoming a Mom. Hope you found a fun way to celebrate. I am looking forward to hearing more as you get closer to placement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Deborah! Are you a mom or in the process of moving towards becoming one?

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! Definitely celebrate, even if it's takeout food and a drink at home! So exciting, you should feel very proud of completing this milestone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I feel great about it and hopeful.

      Delete
  4. I'm so excited for you! It's been a long process, so you definitely deserve to celebrate! :)

    P.S. I feel like I'm the only person on the planet not watching GoT. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! Yes I felt that too about GoT... I still wasn't super motivated to watch it until my brother and sister-in-law kept talking about how much they loved it, then my brother said he thought I would like it despite the violence. It's really not "my thing" but it's pretty darn good in terms of acting and plot.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations! i have been reading for a while and this is inspiring. Well done. I hope you find your child soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dionysus! and thanks for following my blog. :)

      Delete