5/27/2019

Pregnancy Update #9 - Second Trimester Ultrasound

I'm happy to share that our second trimester (18 weeks 4 days) ultrasound went very well, with no unwelcome surprises! All her organs, including her heart (four chambers pumping away - so cool!), looked great and her measurements were all within normal range. She was actually measuring four days ahead! Her arm and leg bones were in the 70+ percentile; wonder if that means she will be tall?

The only measurement that was lower was the, "Cereb (Hill)" measurement, which I think is the diameter of the cerebellum? This one was 18.9mm and fell in the 30th percentile. I looked it up and one site said it's not really used any more. Plus, there were several conversations on pregnancy boards about numbers being low on that measurement, so I don't think it's uncommon? Anyone have more information? The doctor didn't mention it or seem concerned, so I'm thinking it's probably okay. This is one explanation I read: "Mean TCD was 17.32 mm in 14-20 weeks of gestation, 26.63 mm in 21-30 weeks and 40.73mm in 31-40 weeks."

The tech confirmed absolutely that she is a girl. :) I saw the three lines myself before she even told us. We got a great profile picture, which I'll share below, but she wouldn't cooperate for a 3D profile or forward-facing picture. She is so adorable, though, and I am in love. Her little foot is the sweetest, too. The doctor actually asked how often I would like to be seen and suggested every two weeks, when I indicated as often as possible! We won't get another full ultrasound for six weeks, but she said she could do a quick handheld ultrasound if we wanted. Yay!





On the work front, RC is on his third day at the new job today. He is finishing up the video training and looking forward to getting out for the on-the-job training. I received an email from the university thanking me for my patience and lettimg me know they are still working through the process and will let me know soon. I think I should hear this week, as they've mentioned making hiring decisions by the end of May several times. Everything crossed!

2 comments:

  1. Adorable scan photos! <3

    I'm afraid I know nothing about the "Cereb Hill" measurement; that's one thing that was never mentioned to me. But I think if your doctor didn't say anything, all is well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenny! Yes, I think you're right; I'm not going to worry about it. I'm taking fish oil, which is supposed to support brain development. :)

      Delete