8/03/2019

Pregnancy Update #12 - Early Third Trimester Ultrasound

We had another ultrasound last Tuesday! Some highlights:
  • Saw little Ellie kicking her feet like she was tap dancing. So cute! I feel this sensation sometimes, so it's fun to see her in action.
  • She's 3lbs 7oz, measuring almost two weeks ahead! Is this common? It was 28wks 5days, and she measured 30wks 3days. Our big girl. So glad she's growing well.
  • I was given my Rhogam shot a couple of weeks ago, since my blood type is O-. Happy to have that done to make sure and protect her, in case her blood type is positive.
  • At the end of Tuesday's appointment, the nurse gave me the TDAP injection. Big needle, a little uncomfortable, but the worst part is definitely the sore arm that lasts for several days. It's gone now, and again, it's worth it to keep her safe.
  • We got a better 3D picture of her face. Such a precious little face. If you can't tell, I'm falling more and more in love! 


With regards to my own symptoms and how the pregnancy is progressing, I will say there has definitely been a shift towards greater discomfort. Here are some examples:
  • My stomach now feels overextended on a regular basis. The feeling is akin to an overblown balloon that may soon pop. lol It really is quite uncomfortable. It's worse after I have eaten or if I'm bloated and/or constipated, which happens regularly. 
  • Insomnia or, as one of my pregnancy apps calls it, "disrupted sleep." I have trouble falling asleep and often end up getting up for another 45 minutes to an hour before I can finally relax and nod off. Then I wake up every hour to two hours for the first half of the night to pee and/or change positions, get another chunk of sleep, wake up once more, then sleep for another hour or so. So. many. dreams. Stupid, overly and unnecessarily detailed dreams. I usually like analyzing dreams. Not these. I wake up and shake my head and try to forget and move on. 
  • Physical limitations in terms of shortness of breath and stamina. We went to Costco today, and I knew I could not traipse all over that warehouse of a store like normal. So, I drove one of those little scooters with the cart on the front. heehee I cracked myself up, but it worked and was just what I needed. We went to the county fair the other day, and we had fun, but I had to take regular breaks to sit down and keep drinking water. 
  • Basically, I feel like I'm past the "cute" pregnant stage and into the part where I look like a walking beach ball. I'm so big! I can't believe I have another 9.5 weeks to go.
Not that we are ready for her yet! We still need to get the room done (we are doing NW forest/forest animals theme), and I was finally just able to schedule the baby shower with my friend who is generously co-hosting it at my sister's house for Saturday, September 28th. I know it's really late to have a shower - my due date for induction/c-section is October 10th at 39 weeks - but it's literally the only date she was available, and I really need and appreciate her being in the hosting role. My sister is just too busy and not really into that kind of thing. I'm super happy she's opening her house for it, though. Anyway, tell me it will be okay to have it that late? Praying over here that I'll be physically able to enjoy it, and that Ellie won't decide to make an early appearance.

I have more life stuff to share, but I'll save that for another post. Suffice to say, I'm so grateful and full of gratitude and joy for my little girl and getting to feel - and share with RC - all her activity. AND I'm feeling kind of generally anxious and overwhelmed and would love to just hibernate and not deal with the world for a while.  More soon... hope you're having a lovely, fun-filled summer so far.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Kristina! Welcome to the third Tri! Haha... I think it is totally fine that you are having your baby shower on the 28th! I would recommend making sure baby's room is set up by then so that all the wonderful gifts you receive may be easily put away and useful when she arrives a couple of weeks later. Do you have a registry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah, I’m glad you don’t think it’s too late. Good idea to have everything with the room in place by then. I don’t have my registry set up yet, though we’ve been doing some research...where did you do yours?

      Delete
  2. I was quite far along when I had my baby shower as well. You'll be fine, I'm sure. :)

    I remember the sleeplessness of the third trimester all too well! I always wanted to slap people who told me to get lots of sleep before the baby came; how can anyone sleep when they're so uncomfortable all the time???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement Jenny. The insomnia continues due mainly to discomfort… It’s been kind of hot and muggy here lately too. I am taking Ambien now and that’s helping a little bit. I’m just not getting to sleep until maybe one or two in the morning. The carpal tunnel sucks and I can’t get an appointment for a Cortizone shot until the 20th so until then I guess I have to just suck it up and deal with it through icing, massage, Tylenol etc. Did you enjoy your baby shower? What did you like and not like?

      Delete
  3. It's totally fine, because this little baby WILL stay in until afterward. She will. I totally hear you on the dreams. My sleep has been pretty good thanks to the Calm magnesium gummies I'm taking, but yeah, I feel you. I'm definitely up more at night.

    Doesn't it just hit you to your core when you see their faces in 3-D? I haven't seen mine yet and I'm hoping they will do it for me just once. Maybe if I beg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the reassurance! I just started taking Calm Magnesium and I think it’s beginning to help. I also started taking a couple tums for the calcium because I read calcium helps sleep. I hope the do the 3D pic for you! We have another one next week and I can’t wait.

      Delete