10/16/2022

I love my girl


I love Ellie sooo much. I was just really feeling that today, and lately in general. It can definitely be hard to parent  a 3-year-old (can’t believe she’s three now!) with all the strong opinions and fussing when you don’t get what you want, but she’s able to have conversations now, and I enjoy having special Mommy and Ellie time. 

I also feel joy making things fun and exciting for her, like getting donuts this morning or going to the park after school. She likes thinking about next day’s plans, and she has a very good memory, so don’t try to change them! :) 

I talk to her about a variety of things, and she listens and understands so much now. We’ve been talking about our upcoming move and getting excited about that (but also knowing we have to pack). 

Then yesterday I read her a simple book talking about how she was conceived with a donor egg. I’d been feeling now was the time to share a little about it, and I feel good that I did. She didn’t seem phased at all and was more into the parts where Daddy and I met and how excited we were when she was born. But the door has been opened, and I feel positive about that. 

I love you sooo much, Ellie! XOXO

1 comment: