3/23/2019

Pregnancy Update #4

Just checking if anyone is still out there? I know something happened with google comments and blogger, so I hope that didn't mess anyone up. (hint: I would very much love you to comment 😍)

I do have some news....

So, the results of Sneak Peak came back in about 3 days. They send a Results email. I had read that once you open the email, you have to click something else to see the results, but that was not the case. RC and I leaned in together, and I slowly scrolled down the email, which said:



Now, I immediately knew that RC was experiencing disappointment, and he went into a bit of a funk for a while. For my part, I acknowledged his disappointment but was acutely aware that I felt happy and was NOT experiencing said disappointment. I sort of floated around all day, feeling happy and wanting to celebrate. I went to the children's clothing store to return the one girl outfit we bought, and found the cutest little striped onesie and a darling matching monkey sweatshirt.

Wow, finding out the gender does make it SO much more real; makes the baby so much more real. RC is working through his disappointment. I do understand, considering he's raised three boys already. But our little guy has a different gene pool and will be a unique and special person. Anyway, he knows that and is getting excited again. *As a side note, I'm beyond ready to be done with progesterone shots in the butt. The one this morning hurt really bad, and I started crying. I'm definitely more emotional still.

Later, there was a big birthday party event for my sister-in-law, and I gave my family these cigars on an individual basis to get the news out there because I knew we would want to talk about it. My little game was that I would say, "Remember when we were young, and we would get those candy cigarettes and it was so fun? Well, I thought I would get us some for tonight." Then, I would hand them a cigar and wait for them to realize what it said. Sometimes it took a minute, as my acting skills are pretty strong. lol


Everyone was happy for us, but my brother's reaction was the best. He was both surprised and super excited for me. My sister was happy, too. Right now, her son is the only boy cousin, but she has loved having a boy. We hope to announce both the pregnancy and gender on F@cebook after our second ultrasound on the 1st. I am praying it goes well!

13 comments:

  1. I loved being a boy mom!! My son is 22 now and he is still the light of my life. After helping to raise 2 step daughters I can confirm that boys are THE BEST! Plus raising them right is the best way to destroy the patriarchy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Catie! I love hearing that. And you are so right about destroying the patriarchy! 😄

      Delete
  2. Such exciting news! Both boys and girls are awesome (I have one of each), but I will say that boys steal their momma's hearts and hold on to them. So glad things are going well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, JJ! I love hearing that. :) Excited for our boy.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the boy news! I have one of each and my boy is definitely the snugglier one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your boy news!!! You will absolutely love being a boy mom. I had this idea boys were all rough and tumble, when they are actually so incredibly sweet and tender too. How exciting and cool you can learn this so soon, and begin imagining life soon with your son. I don’t think they had such a test when I had our kids. I assume it’s accurate since it’s based on a blood test? However that works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love hearing that about the sweetness and tenderness. <3 I've seen that with your kids. Yes, they say it's super accurate, as long as you collect the blood as instructed to avoid DNA contamination, which I did my best to do. It measures whether I have male DNA in my blood or not, since babies blood circulates a little in our blood, after a certain point.

      Delete