5/13/2022

A Rainy Spring

I’m sitting here looking outside at the downpour. Lots of rain in our area of the NW lately. It definitely cramps our style, as it limits our neighborhood walks and family park visits. We are still trying to get out as much as possible, whenever the clouds part. 

So happy to report that Ellie is loving her part-time preschool! She’s always excited to go and likes running around, circle time, and reading - at least that’s all I can get out of her so far in terms of activities. :) She naps for an hour or hour-and-a-half usually (half the time she naps at home), but at least she is managing to sleep, which I was a little worried about. She talked about a friend she was playing with for the first time yesterday, and she brought home her first ever birthday party invitation. šŸ„°

Other recent Ellie developments: she LOVES listening to “Islands in the Stream,” knows all the words, and asks us to play it as soon as we get in the car. It’s adorable! It’s also hilarious hearing a toddler sing, “…makin’ love with each other, uh uh,” and have no idea what it means. She helps daddy make his protein shakes and oatmeal, and those are a couple of their special times. Daddy will also read to her endlessly, book after book after book. 

She really does love reading and songs, and I think/hope that has helped her. It was nice to hear her teacher say that she had a big vocabulary. She sure does talk a lot right now, and continues to like to describe things in increasing detail, and also report back what happened after the fact. She just recently said she was “disappointed” that her stuffie fell down - after chastising him for falling down.  lol She shows more and more independence but still likes to be Mama’s baby sometimes, thank goodness.

We all got colds here over the last few weeks; first Ellie, then me, then R. She had to stay home from preschool a few days, and it’s amazing how quickly a big life change (going to preschool) can become the norm. It felt like she was so cooped up and life was so limited. At least R was able to watch her half day Tuesday and all day Thursday, so I was could keep up with most of my work and meetings with clients.

Speaking of work, and continuing the theme of rain, I’m taking a 10-week, Wednesday morning class called, “Rainmaker,” which is focused on digital marketing (and making šŸ’µšŸ’°šŸ’µšŸ’°) for entrepreneurs. I’m learning a lot about targeting clients, social media, how to get free marketing (I’ve contributed content to two media pieces so far, which will backlink to my website), and email campaigns. Several more weeks to go. 

The challenge will be following through and implementing more strategies, and continuing to implement them over time. I’m excited to report, though, that I doubled my client load last month!

I do love where I work at the Coworking space, and I’ve never felt as excited to go to work as I do right now  I genuinely look forward to the next day when I know I will be working. It’s so nice to focus and use my brain and talents, but I’m grateful I had the time and was able to wait for a couple years before Ellie went to daycare/preschool. Hoping I can keep it up to help us make our mortgage payments come November. 

2 comments:

  1. Sorry for delayed response - I did read your post when you posted :-). Loved reading about Ellie starting pre-school and enjoying the circle-time and activities. But yep, the sicknesses that come from pre-school are the worst :-( The Rainmaker class sounds interesting and glad your work is going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sunflower! I know we’re not along going through the sicknesses. Now I’m in the “Moneymaker” class. :)

      Delete