- My first paid hours are scheduled at Santa Rosa! Two hours of training (equal to 5 hours of non-profit work!), but it's a start! Still waiting to hear back on the assignment in Petaluma...
- I bought my first nursery decor item; isn't it cute? Makes me so happy.
- My housemate moved out. Yep. Gave totally last minute notice, said it wasn't about me, and moved out on Saturday and Monday. I am angry but what is the point of dwelling on it? She took care of herself and did what she felt like doing. Boo. If I get hours at Santa Rosa, I can stay here by myself... Also, silver lining, she did say she will be paying February rent, since she just gave notice.
- Got one new client, but he is paying monthly. An extra couple hundred plus a month but not a significant impact in this moment.
- Met with an adoptive mom who lives not far from where I work in Marin. She and her husband let me hold their 7-month-old foster baby and feed him a bottle. So sweet! She clued me in to a foster infant furniture resource nearby, and I am waiting to hear back on whether and when I can visit.
- I have two phone interviews this week; one later today, and one on Wednesday morning. I'm not super excited about either one but on the good side, they pay well and are part-time to coordinate with my business work and hopefully time with a child. Also, the college near me FINALLY posted a part-time counseling position, which I applied for yesterday. Fingers crossed. This is back-up, and maybe in addition to, Santa Rosa.
- I marched in the Women's March on Saturday and felt inspired. Historical day that I know many people don't understand, but many clearly do. The recent health care vote and soon-to-happen Supreme Court nomination are two of many reasons to be uniting in our power as women (and men who love and support women) to take a stand for our well-being and rights. Hoping that we can make a difference together!