1/24/2017

Soundbite Updates (and please give a shout-out)

First I have a request - I know everyone's busy, but I would appreciate a shout-out in the comments if you read this blog. Comments make me feel happy, connected to other women, and inspired to keep posting. Thank you!

Soundbite updates:
  • My first paid hours are scheduled at Santa Rosa! Two hours of training (equal to 5 hours of non-profit work!), but it's a start! Still waiting to hear back on the assignment in Petaluma...
  • I bought my first nursery decor item; isn't it cute? Makes me so happy.
  • My housemate moved out. Yep. Gave totally last minute notice, said it wasn't about me, and moved out on Saturday and Monday. I am angry but what is the point of dwelling on it? She took care of herself and did what she felt like doing. Boo. If I get hours at Santa Rosa, I can stay here by myself... Also, silver lining, she did say she will be paying February rent, since she just gave notice.
  • Got one new client, but he is paying monthly. An extra couple hundred plus a month but not a significant impact in this moment.
  • Met with an adoptive mom who lives not far from where I work in Marin. She and her husband let me hold their 7-month-old foster baby and feed him a bottle. So sweet! She clued me in to a foster infant furniture resource nearby, and I am waiting to hear back on whether and when I can visit.
  • I have two phone interviews this week; one later today, and one on Wednesday morning. I'm not super excited about either one but on the good side, they pay well and are part-time to coordinate with my business work and hopefully time with a child. Also, the college near me FINALLY posted a part-time counseling position, which I applied for yesterday. Fingers crossed. This is back-up, and maybe in addition to, Santa Rosa.
  • I marched in the Women's March on Saturday and felt inspired. Historical day that I know many people don't understand, but many clearly do. The recent health care vote and soon-to-happen Supreme Court nomination are two of many reasons to be uniting in our power as women (and men who love and support women) to take a stand for our well-being and rights. Hoping that we can make a difference together!

8 comments:

  1. Yay for marching! I was unable to go, but watched the marches and was so inspired to see so many people come out. Love the nursery item. I do read your blog regularly, btw :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just replied but don't see it now... glad you are reading along and as you know, I read your blog, as well! :) Thanks about the nursery item - so exciting and symbolic to get it.

      Delete
  2. I've been reading along, but don't say much because...brain=mush these days. But I'm happy to see so many exciting developments in your life! And while it sucks to be left with the uncertainty brought about by your roommate leaving, I suspect it's best for you in the long run. She didn't seem like a good fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen, welcome! I understand the brain-mush; thanks for taking a moment to comment. I like what you said about my roommate. She definitely ended up not a good fit... kind of misrepresented herself initially. oh well, hopeful it will work out.

      Delete
  3. I'm reading, but as you can imagine, just caught up in life right now! Glad to hear you are doing well x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can definitely imagine! :) Glad to know you're reading and thanks for saying hi.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like things are moving along. I was out marching in Canada with my daughter. I think it's just really sad what's been going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. That's great you got out to marsh with your daughter! Yes, it's astonishing and sad.

      Delete