9/01/2018

Cycle Update 3

It was so hard waiting until 3 PM yesterday to get my lining checked! Definitely experienced some anxiety, and during my client appointment,  I kept looking at the clock every 10 minutes or so.  I kept up with all my uterine lining building strategies, though, which included:

  • Drinking beet and pomegranate juice.
  • Taking L'arginine -  by the way, does anyone know if I should stop taking that after the transfer? 
  • Heating pad on abdomen.
  • Lots of water and warm liquids.
  • Keeping my feet warm by wearing socks – I do not like wearing socks!
  • And most importantly, of course, taking the additional estrogen in the form of two Estrace tabs per day.

Thank you to everyone who gave me ideas on how to help the process!

After my client appointment, I went and worked out, showered, and watch some TV to distract myself. Finally, the time rolled around to leave for my appointment. RC has been working weekends at a side job, so he wasn't around to help defuse my anxiety. Luckily, though, he called while I was driving to the Imaging Center, and we had a good check in.

The embryologist had also called me earlier that morning, so I had some fun information to share, like the fact that all 28 follicles yielded eggs! And a couple more possibly, he said!  He also said he would call me today, which is my current anxiety-provoking waiting game. LOL but he is also going to call us Monday to give an update.  Since our sperm extraction was surgical, they automatically do ICSI for fertilization, so that was done yesterday afternoon sometime. I can't wait to hear how many successfully fertilized! Fingers crossed.

Anyway, I made it to the lining check, and was of course dying with anticipation, until she told me… my lining was at 8 millimeters! Hallelujah, mega relief!I didn't care what else she measured or how long it took, I was completely excited and relieved for the rest of the time there.  We are now officially scheduled for a fresh embryo transfer this coming Wednesday! We are heading up to Sacramento again on Tuessday and will stay there until Thursday afternoon, just relaxing and watching funny movies in the hotel room after the transfer.  Do you have any suggestions of movies or shows that you find really funny?

OMG, the embryologist just called while I was writing this! So there were 26 mature eggs retrieved and out of those six were a little less mature.  Out of those 26, 23 fertilized and looked great, and two had a singular PN structure (don't ask me to explain that but something about both the sperm in the egg chromosomes being fully present).  He said that those latter embryos had maybe a 50% chance of making it to blastocyst, but he would be tracking them in a separate bubble just in case.  He said he did have to search for great sperm in the samples, but of the 23 eggs that fertilized, 80% of those sperm looked great. Next check in, Monday; I'm so excited!

13 comments:

  1. Wow, so exciting! I will be thinking of you Wed. All the best. Sorry I have not been posting comments but I do read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sunflower! I appreciate the good thoughts. 😊 At three days, we heard we still have 22 embryos that are looking good. 😮😃

      Delete
  2. Very exciting and positive news!!! Best of luck and cannot wait for update. I'm a frequent follower but not the best at commenting. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you R and T's Mommy! Glad to hear from you and know you're following along.

      Delete
  3. Great news! Best of luck Wednesday. And I’m pretty old school but every time I need a cheer up I go to “The Office” or ”Seinfeld.” Always makes me happy. Oh, and I didn’t see it but someone was just telling me how funny “Bad Moms” was. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do like The Office, so that's a great idea.

      Delete
  4. Wow -- lots of great numbers in this post! Congratulations! Yes, the numbers waiting game, whether it be number of eggs, fert ratio, lining, beta, whatever, is all such a mind game! You are almost there! Soon you will be PUPO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, JJ! I'm now PUPO! 😊 I don't think I followed your blog when you were going through it, so I might go back and read your experience for inspiration.

      Delete
  5. Thinking of you and wishing you the best of luck! <3

    ReplyDelete