9/09/2018

Cycle Update 4

Sorry I haven't blogged since I got back from Sacramento. I'm just getting to it now after pretty much being obsessed with being PUPO for the last few days.

Everything went great with the transfer. It was AMAZING to see the little "swoosh" on the ultrasound when the embryos were transferred to my uterus. It was uncomfortable holding my pee, especially since they were a half hour late (!), but the nurse let me release a little bit so it was tolerable. The catheter did hurt going in, but nothing else about the procedure hurt. We were given pictures of our beautiful Grade 1 embabies and have them on our wall now. I was pretty blissed out about having them inside me for the first day or two...

Yesterday, though, I felt so anxious, I ended up crying to RC when he got home from work. Today is not much better. I'm trying to distract myself but it's not working very well. I do think I have some classic infertility PTSD from the many previous unsuccessful cycles I did, and also, we have invested SO much into this IVF that I feel terrified of it not working. Somehow the 80% chance of success is not comforting me, even though I guess it should. I've had various symptoms, including:
  • A hot flash two days ago (7th). I've never had one before and wow, it was intense.
  • Feeling absolutely starving recently around 11am and *needing* to get food ASAP.  Initially, we had leftover moo shu chicken (yum), the next day it was an In-N-Out hamburger and fries, and today it was a deli turkey and cranberry sandwich and jalapeno chips.
  • Some light pressure-type cramping two days ago (7th) over an hour or hour and a half.
  • A wave of feeling really surreal/stony/out of it that evening. It felt like I was on something. I didn't want to lie down. I just walked around feeling whacked out. lol
  • Today, I've had a couple episodes of feeling light headed
  • Boobs got a little sore yesterday and a little more sore today, but not sharp jabs or stabs like people describe, but did get nipple sensations yesterday like blood flowing in for a couple seconds. Does estrogen or progesterone medication build up over time in the body to create more symptoms? I've been on these same doses for a week and a half and didn't feel much the first few days/week.
  • A really intense shooting feeling in lower, right pelvis area yesterday evening, and a lesser one following a couple minutes later on the left side.
  • Some fatigue in my right arm today, like when I'm holding a fork or a pencil, they feel too heavy to be holding up. Never heard of that symptom, have you? strange...
Probably all these could be related to the estrogen and progesterone I'm taking, right? I would love to get something more conclusive like throwing up or intense, pulsating cramps for multiple hours. Be careful what you wish for, right? Argh, it's just so anxiety-inducing to wait like this for something so important.

We are probably going to test late tonight, even though it's on the early side. Since we transferred at 11am on Wednesday, tonight would be on 5dpt of 5-day blastocysts. I'm not clear when people say it's best to wait until 5dpt, it means *after* five whole days or on the fifth day? Anyway, at this moment, I think we're going to start testing tonight. Fingers and toes and everything else crossed.

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your transfer! All sounds perfect so far. It’s impossible not to obsess over every detail, hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You understand. I'm waiting until tomorrow and hopefully we get a positive ending to the wait.πŸ€žπŸΌπŸ™πŸΌ

      Delete
  2. How exciting! Congratulations on the transfer and I really hope you get your BFP!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Iris! Me too! πŸ™πŸΌ

      Delete
  3. Exciting stuff! Hard not to overanalyze every little thing. When is your beta?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! I think you're brave to test so soon! I refused to take one until 9 days after the transfer. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I regret taking one so early. You hear about people getting positives that early sometimes and think it could happen to you too. But it sucks getting negatives. πŸ˜•

      Delete