8/15/2021

Long overdue update

Dropping in to say, “hi! I’m still here!” Can’t believe it’s been so long since I’ve posted. Lots happening and shifting, including:

Full members of Cohousing community, now! Woo hoo! So excited and am getting to know other members better, both local members and those visiting from other locales who will be moving here. Breaking ground scheduled for end of this month, eek!

RC’s sister visited last week, the twin sister I (and Ellie) had never met. I liked her a lot and feel like we started a friendship. She talks a lot more than RC, so that’s interesting.  I got to know more details about his family and history through her, which in turn makes me feel closer to him. Ellie really liked her, too, and I’m happy to have a new Auntie in her life. Hopefully, we will keep on touch now. 

I think my next post will be all about Ellie, but here are some recent developments…She is so fun, and I see why some parents say, “my sidekick,” because it does feel like that.  She’s my buddy and with me wherever I go, except when she’s sleeping or her dad’s watching her, but most of the time.  :) She’s saying more words now! Not always predictably, but she’s saying more and more, mainly nouns/names for things. And she understands everything, and I’m so impressed with how she can follow multiple-step directions or understand future plans, etc. 

She still LOVES to read and be read to, and is super active and practicing running, walking on tiptoes, dancing, climbing up and down stairs. Can’t take our eyes off her in public places now at all.  Okay better end there, as it’s time for bed but I will try and write more soon. Here’s a recent pic of my baby:

7 comments:

  1. Aww..so adorable!! She has grown so much. Looking ffd to reading more about Ellie. Also very interested in learning more about the Cohousing community.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sunflower! 😊 I’m so excited about the community and will definitely share more. If you have any questions before then, feel free to ask. Is it something you’ve considered?

      Delete
  2. I cannot believe how big she is! I'm glad the community is working out well for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, my baby is becoming a little girl! I know you know the feeling. Thanks, we are excited. 😃

      Delete