10/20/2021

Two-years-old! Life progressions


We had Ellie’s Daniel Tiger party with family, including two cousins who adore her, and it was lots of fun. Highlights were seeing her playing and loving the ball pit (balls in a child’s pool) and doing the piñata. 

Other big news is that she’s started taking up a storm! Repeats everything we say and talks and sings to herself. She even asked a question! “Why sleeping?” about why Daddy was sleeping. Stringing a couple multiple syllable words together, using words in context, unprompted. So fun and exciting! And her little voice is the cutest thing I’ve ever heard. 

Enjoying Falls arrival. Trying to enjoy the outdoors as much as possible before the Oregon rainy season hits. Our Cohousing community broke ground a few weeks ago - woo hoo! And we are on a last push (marketing and offering incentives) to find more families to take a couple of our last few units. There is only one child close to Ellie’s age right now (just turned 4), but a couple other families with young kids are exploring, fingers crossed. We switched to a downstairs flat that has a little backyard. It was a little more expensive but I couldn’t imagine not having a little private yard with Ellie. There will be lots of common outdoor space, too. 

Two other recent developments: we started working out again! I gained 10 pounds in the last year or two and feel uncomfortable so glad to get back to the athletic club. Ellie is going to the childcare at the club and doesn’t bat an eye walking in. No clinginess at all. Not sure how I feel about that! But I guess it’s a good thing. I think she was really ready to explore and experience some new places and people. She hasn’t had childcare before now. 

And one of the childcare workers there said she could babysit for us on the weekend sometimes, so RC and I might actually get some alone time on a date. We need this. I feel like our closeness comes and goes and we get frustrated and reactive with each other sometimes. We need to resolve a particular communication pattern that can come up where I want his attention/focus and he feels I’m not accepting him or want him to be something he isn’t. Argh. But overall, we are having some nice family times and working well together as parents. 

Anyway, I got off on a tangent. The other thing going on is that my career counseling business is growing! My online platforms are reaching people a little more, it seems, and I’ve gotten a few recent referrals from my business networking group. Hoping this online career class platform I’m part of starts getting clients, as well. It would be fun to both run a small group and continue working individually. 

I still think of having another baby sometimes but, mostly, I’ve settled into being a one-child family. Mom to my little Ellie. :)

6 comments:

  1. She's adorable. Can't believe she is two! Always enjoy reading your updates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, JJ! I know, I can’t believe it, either! All these pics come up from a year or so ago and she was still a baby.

      Delete
  2. I was so excited to see your update! I’m happy to hear that the co-housing community is set to break ground soon-and that you’ll be an owner right from the start - so exciting! Ellie is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ground has been broken and construction is happening! Thank you, it is wonderful to be part of it from the start (well not the very start because the llc went through a lot before we joined but you know what I mean. :) Thanks ❤️

      Delete
  3. Happy 2nd Birthday, Ellie. She is so cute, and what a fun birthday. We loved Daniel Tiger too at that age. This is such a fun age so enjoy!!

    Congrats on the construction of the housing community. Your place sounds great, and good idea to get the private yard. It will be very useful and worth the extra cost.

    Glad your work is going well. Nice to read your updates as always. Take care, and big hug to Ellie. She is adorable :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sunflower! That fun to hear Beanie loved Daniel, too. Thanks for encouragement about the yard - I think so, too! Big hugs back to you and Beanie. Love reading your updates, also. :)

      Delete