Very nice of you to think of me! :-)
This award is given to new or up-and coming-bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another. What a fun way to get to know other bloggers!
If you receive a nomination, there are a few rules to follow:
1) Each blogger nominated must post 11 things about themselves.
2) Then answer the 11 questions the tagger has asked.
3) Blogger must then create 11 questions of their own to ask the bloggers they decide to nominate.
4) They must choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate and link them on their blog post.
5) Bloggers must be notified of their award! (I will likely slack on this one)
6) No tag backs!
11 things about me:
1. I got a Boston Terrier a few months ago, after saying for years that I'm a cat person and would not get a dog. I love her!
3. I've yet to have a relationship last for more than two years (well one was for three but he was out of state in grad school for most of two years, so I don't think that counts!), which clearly says everything about my bad luck meeting men and nothing about my own issues! ;-)
4. I watch "Days of Our Lives," for a mental break during the day and have watched it off and on since college.
5. I'm a very progressive/green democrat and grew up in a Republican family in Eugene, Oregon (people think everyone in Eugene is liberal - not true).
6. I love to do ecstatic/free-form dance, as well as partner dancing (currently doing lindy hop swing dance with my boyfriend), which are dances on opposite ends of the spectrum!
7. My boyfriend is a Tech Writer and I'm a Counselor - he told me that before me he was terrified of anyone with a psychology background.
8. We are both involved in something called "Transition Towns," which is a grassroots community movement to address climate change, peak oil, and economic instability. We're totally psyched Obama mentioned Climate Change in his inaugural address!
9. I traveled to Japan through a sister-city exchange when I was 13 and to six European countries on a student tour when I was 14, thanks to awesome grandparents.
10. I love my iPhone and am on it way too much.
11. I have two nieces and a nephew in Oregon, all five and under - the most recent niece is just a few months old.
Here are the 11 questions from Jamie:
1. When was the last time you played a board game?
I think it was last October, sadly.
2. What game did you play?
I played Boggle. I think we also played Pictionary that afternoon, which is one of my favorites.
3. What was the last book you read?
Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking [Susan Cain]
4. What movie did you last see in the theater? How was it?
We saw Argo. It was very good. Lots of suspense and characters you care about.
5. What item(s) are you never without?
6. What is your favorite non-alcoholic beverage?
This is a hard one because I'm a "mood" person when it comes to decisions... I guess either Diet Pepsi (which I'm not drinking right now) or almond milk. Thai iced tea is an awesome special drink.
7. Do you have siblings? Are you close?
Yes, a brother and sister who have a different mother than me. My brother and I are closer and talk regularly, are more regularly supportive of each other, etc. My sister and I are getting a little closer now, since she's had kids.
8. What kind of music do you listen to?
Music I can dance to! I have quite eclectic taste (mood person again).
9. Have you ever met anyone in person that you met online?
Oh yeah. Are we talking about online dating? 'Cause I met a couple past boyfriends that way and went on quite a few dates over the years... Haven't met any blog peeps in-person yet, though.
10. Do you still have a land phone line?
11. Do you watch reality TV?Yep. I watch "The Biggest Loser," and have watched, "The Bachelorette," among others (love "Intervention" but don't have that channel right now). Not going to watch "The Bachelor" this season though, I don't think, because he seems boring to me.
And my nominees for the Liebster are.....
A Planned Life
Yeah, I am on my Soapbox
The Pursuit of Pregnancy
I'm Just Ducky, Thanks...
The Business of Baby
When One Door Closes...
Not All Dreams Are Free
Glitter & Rainbows
With All My Heart