11/08/2015

WDYD and other happenings

Sorry if this post is all over the place... feeling like writing a blog post but not feeling very focused.

One topic I wanted to follow up on is how I articulate the type of clients I help and the problem I solve for them.  Would you please let me know how this lands with you? When you read it, does it bring to mind specific people in your life?

You know how talented introverts who have outgrown their careers can distract and isolate themselves, actually hiding from the power of their greatest gifts?
Well, I help them recognize and focus these unique talents in a powerful career that feels like play and makes a huge difference in the world.


Any feedback welcome! :) I made myself go to a conscious networking event for women, and it wasn't awful - another business plus this week. Oh, and I got one more client!

In less positive news, my crazy housemate, M, has struck again. S stayed over and slept on the couch (because I have a single bed right now). M and I agreed on him staying over on nights she's not here. Unfortunately, I set an extra blanket on her couch for him to use in case he got cold and forgot to put it away the next morning. So of course, she assumed the worst as is her way and completely freaked out on me again, insisting someone had sat and slept on her couch. She called me a liar and a thief (I guess I am technically a thief as ONE time I borrowed a small amount of almond milk but in normal roommate situations this might be okay? Clearly not this one) and said I'm a bad dog owner and she should report me (!). This latter accusation is because I leave Zoey in her crate until 10am because I don't go to bed until midnight or one and she's out until then and goes for a last pee then. She sleeps soundly in her crate until I let her out. Anyway, M also called me a f-ing b-word again, as well. 

This all feels so Jerry Springer, and I know I need to just not react but it's challenging when she's directly attacking me like that. I'm not sure there are any legal/material actions to take, other than perhaps talking to the landlord if it happens again. Since day-to-day it tends to be civil/tolerable, my current plan is still to wait until after the holidays and hope for a change - perhaps even helping her move if that makes a difference. Thanks for listening to me vent. It's stressful when these blow-ups happen and if I'd known what she was like, I would not have chosen to live with her. I guess that's the risk with moving in with people you don't know or that your friends don't know.

Speaking of the holidays (in a happier light), it looks like S and I will be traveling to Oregon for Christmas.  Yay! I'm so excited. I can't wait to see the kids - and everyone else, too - and I think it will be good to be home on this first Christmas without my Mom. I'm sure it will be difficult at times, but I'm really glad I will be able to be there.

Okay, off to clean the house and do some shopping. S is coming up here for a mellow evening tonight, which will be nice.

3 comments:

  1. I know you just moved in there but I would talk to the landlord and if she's staying, I would work to get the heck out of there. She should absolutely not be yelling and cursing at you. You are a grownup and it's not outrageous of you to have your boyfriend sleep over. You are not squatting on her couch, you are paying rent. I think you are being nice by only having S sleep over on nights she's not there. I don't think you even need to do that. This is your home too. I'm not exactly sure why she's being so aggressive but it seems like she has some issues that have zero to do with you. If you are looking at adoption, I think you need to get away from her because she doesn't seem safe. Hopefully she will move out soon. I'm glad S will be spending the holidays with you. Both of my parents have passed away and I know how hard the holidays are without them. Hoping S will help make it a happy time. Also, I like your counseling idea. Maybe reword the ending a bit to a rewarding career instead of powerful career that feels like play. In my opinion, no matter how great the job, it's still work and I would be happy to have it be rewarding. Just my opinion... I do really like how it sounds, and think it would appeal to someone introverted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your supportive words, Deborah, I really appreciate it. It's validating to hear from you (and my brother too) that her behavior is outrageous and not acceptable. It's like she has lapses into paranoia and rage - you're right, it's not safe for a child although interestingly she has a small grandson and seems to turn on her loving side when with him. Thank you also for your feedback on my work statement - very helpful!

      Delete
  2. I agree with the poster above - "rewarding" is a probably better word to use in your job statement. I like how you worded it as a question/answer, or problem/resolution rather than a blanket statement since most people would ask "so what is in it for me", and your statement answers that.

    You roommate is a nutcase! She has no business talking to you like that - it is your home too as the person above said. You should talk with the landlord and keep looking for alternative housing. Its not a nice environment to be living in if she keeps flipping out like this.

    Glad you will get time to be with family during the holidays. While it will be hard, I am sure your dad will like having everyone around.

    ReplyDelete