1/07/2019

FET Update #2 - a speed bump

A speed bump, or more accurately, a most-unwelcome cyst. When I went for my baseline ultrasound a week and a half ago, there it was: a 3.6cm ugly ol' cyst on my left ovary.

Sooo, they gave me a choice to delay the cycle to go ahead and start on my Lupron that next Saturday. I chose the Lupron, then tested again last Thursday. The cyst had shrunk to 2.8cm, and I was initially elated, but later found out that wasn't enough for the doctor. Doing some research online, I think that under 2.5cm becomes "clinically insignificant," so I was close, but no cigar.

Thus, per doctor's orders, I am continuing to take Lupron at 10 units (hello crotchety mood) until this Thursday when I test again and, God willing, the pesky little cyst shrinks further or disappears. Everything crossed! Once that happens, I can start my estrogen and get this ball rolling. As of now, the transfer is now delayed at least until January 31st, but likely the beginning of February.

In other news... RC proposed on NYE!!! I am very excited and, since we are going for a March 9th wedding, I am immediately entering planning mode. We already know our reception venue, my family's downtown athletic club ballroom, and we think we found our ceremony venue, a Unity Church we attended yesterday and liked a lot. Waiting to hear back on availability.

Here is a picture of what, for now, I'm referring to as "my precious" because I love it so much and don't want to take it off. ❤️




6 comments:

  1. Ah..I needed happy...and this is Happy!!! Smiling and so elated for you about the engagement! Love the ring. Hope the cyst goes away and you can get on with the transfer. Wishing you the best for 2019!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sunflower!! Thank you for celebrating with me and for your good wishes for 2019 - I wish you a wonderful and much better year in 2019, as well!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations!!! What a gorgeous ring!
    That's too bad about the cyst. Here's hoping it shrinks by your next ultrasound.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Iris! I love it. :)
      Yes, here's hoping it's gone by tomorrow! Thanks for your good thoughts.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations!!!! That's so exciting! And I hope all goes well with the cyst. It's frustrating for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, super frustrating! But...good news today! :)
      Thank you so much for the congrats!!

      Delete