Doc Consult

I talked to the doctor yesterday for a phone consultation.  I'm seeing a nurse for the injectable refresher, and to get completely clear on the protocol and cost, on Tuesday morning.

So I don't have all the information yet, but, after talking to the doc, I'm leaning toward waiting until the following cycle.  It would give the DHEA  a chance to build up a bit more and allow time to feel more comfortable with whatever "sp.erm source" I end up choosing.

He did order two tests related to clotting and immunological issues.  Yay!!!  I pushed for this, as I do not want to take the "wait and see" attitude on whether I have issues, when I am investing more physically and financially with injectables.  I may go in later today or on Monday to get these tests done.

He also suggested alternating my current thyroid dose with the one lower, in an every other day pattern.  Has anyone else taking thyroid medicine done this?  I'm a little nervous to switch things up.  He said that the level I'm at now is not a detriment to ttc, but he doesn't need it that low.  I'm currently sleeping about an hour less a night (six to seven versus seven to eight hours), which is the only noticeable impact.

In other news, I went on my second date last night.  It was good in some ways and not so good in others.  I will share more later.  I'm sky.ping with my east coast co-parent in a few minutes, so will have more to report on that, as well.  I'm having mini panic attacks about him coming out, so, yeah.


  1. Good for you for pushing for those tests! Do you know yet what drugs you'll be taking?

    Looking forward to hearing more about your date and the skype talk with your co-parent.

  2. I do the alternate day dosing of levothyroxine on a regular basis with my patients - it's helpful for fine tuning the dose for someone who really needs a strength in between what's available. What was your TSH?

    Also looking forward to hearing more about your date and Skype session!