Then, tomorrow, I'm co-facilitating the Inner Transition workshop I mentioned. We have 20 participants! Woo hoo! But it feels a bit overwhelming at the moment. I think maybe some meditation, some TV chilling and a fairly early bedtime are in order this evening. First, however, I need to write out a few notes about what I will say at certain points tomorrow....
Other exciting happenings and potentialities:
- At the conference today, one of the other counselors recommended to our Dean that I be switched to working with the high schools (involving college matriculation process and teaching some career and CTE - Career Tech.nical Education - classes). I could have kissed her! So very, very cool that she did this! The Dean apparently said, "What about N (my boss)?" and the counselor said, "She can submit a posting for the job." And the Dean said, "Oh, okay," or something relatively positive like that.
- Anyway, this counselor recommending me is a big deal because she is well-loved there and has a close relationship with the Dean. Please think good thoughts! Though I've come to love my little pre-teensters, teaching 40 of them in this set curriculum, with all the behavior management involved, is not playing to my strengths. I can do it for a while longer but would so like to shift to older youth, who are more ready to be thinking seriously about their lives and careers.
- On the ttc front, my two test results both came back negative, which I guess is a good thing. They were: Lup.us Coagulant and Cardio.lipin Antibody (Cardio.lipin AB, serum). Anybody know much about these tests? I guess they have to do with immunological and clotting issues
- I can't believe I might be doing another donor IUI soon. But that seems to be where my path is leading at the moment. And, though I don't prefer it, I will go forward with it if possible, at the same time I continue to explore other avenues. Speaking of which, nothing much happening on the co-parent front. The L.A. guy is still coming Memorial Day, and there is one decent-seeming guy (graduate degree, attractive, sounds sane) in Sacramento who wants to meet, so we'll see.
- Meanwhile, I have a huge crush on a Latino gentleman in my theatre class who is studying to become a Jesuit priest. What? Yep, that's right. Ridiculous, people, my love life is currently ridiculous.
p.s. I'm about to ovulate and I really wish I could do something about it!