10/26/2013

Prayers welcome

I would welcome any prayers or good thoughts at this really difficult time with S and I.  We had a blow up based on a situation that happened at my conference this week.  I chose to take a group hot tub with some colleagues (two men and three women, including me) and S felt I was insensitive in how I communicated around it.  He is packaging it with other recent experience and coming to the conclusion that I don't care for him enough, or in the ways that he needs.  From my perspective, he sees things through a lens of fear and goes right to anger instead of trying to share his feelings more openly with me.  I admit I have a low tolerance right now for this pattern, after having experienced it for a long time now.  I'm ready for more stability and consistent closeness.  Does that even exist?  We're taking a week to reflect and regroup.  I want to use this time to go inward and get more clear about my own feelings and level of commitment.  It is a very hard time for us.

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you're going through this difficult time. I hope you'll be able to work things through. Sending you lots of love. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really sorry you are going through this. Its sucky that relationships that do not require 1000+ compromises seem basically the stuff of fiction :(

    Hang in there, I hope you guys can talk things out and come out stronger for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry that things are stressful right now. Relationship stress is always so tough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you are having to go through this right now. I hope the week is productive for both of you, and that it only brings you closer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry that you and S are going through a rough patch. I hope the "time out" will help you both regroup and work things out. (Hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry! *hugs* I hope things improve soon. Sorry I've been so absent lately! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been a reader for sometime, and I'm sorry to read this. I have to wonder if this relationship is meant to be, or is to possibly more work than a satisfying and lasting relationship should be? You two have to your distinct credit/strength it seems a solid communication. But I wonder if it's meant to go the distance.. I hope you can find your way to the best outcome for you both <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thinking about you...in one of your last posts it seemed like things may be coming to a head. I always say that sometimes you need to fight things out to come out the other side and progress forward. I hope that is what is happening here...a sign of change in your relationship.

    ReplyDelete