- Detail-oriented, to the point of sharing mundane details that are not really necessary.
- Naive and almost child-like at times.
- Kind and patient.
- Cute, at least in his pictures.
- Smart? He has a Masters degree in social work. And yet, he seems not super sharp.
- Father was an alcoholic so made the decision to never drink and has kept to that.
- Asks a lot of questions (which I like).
- Listens. But doesn't respond a lot with affirmations that he's hearing me or statement of understanding, so sometimes I feel "out there" on the phone after sharing something.
- Available. Wants to be a father/parent.
- Has never been married or had a relationship longer than a few months and he just turned 52.
- Didn't go to college until he was 35 and got his Masters when he was in his late 40s. Calls himself a "late bloomer" and a "diamond in the rough"
- Worked as a social services eligibility worker for the last 15+ years and worked as a bank teller for 10+ years in his youth. Works out religiously. Takes pride in his reliability and dependability.
I met someone... interesting. I am of course not completely over S yet, but I got back online for fun and connected with someone I've had a few phone conversations with and am watching the basketball game with on Sunday. I enjoy talking with him and feel comfortable with him on the phone. The thing is, he's not quite normal. I'm not sure *what* the issue is yet, but these are some of the ways I would describe him: