11/10/2016

Dear Sugar

I'm tired tonight, and kind of numb, like others have said, following the election. I want to take this opportunity to share a radio podcast I've been listening to lately call Dear Sugar Radio. They are really kind and wise people, and I feel my life is enriched by listening; plus I learn from others stories and experiences.  

Basically, they read letters from listeners, around chosen themes of the day -  infidelity, friendship, jealousy, parenting, getting back together with exes, etc. - and respond individually and sort of riffing off each other. They talk about their own lives and also reference literature, which adds another layer.

I'm definitely getting more out of it on my long drives to work then the pop radio stations I was listening to, and am especially appreciating their compassion, love, and hope right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment