I know, I know, it's my decision and no one can make it for me. But I really need your opinions!
As I mentioned before, I currently have an appointment with a new doctor at Kai.ser Fremont on August 15th. They told me I may be able to get in earlier if there were a cancellation, but that hasn't happened. I do have some blood tests I'm doing on Day 2 of my next cycle, so as to not delay things further.
But I'm feeling uncertain about waiting out another whole month. The waiting this month was already challenging, though I have to admit that my body feels a lot better without all the hormonal jacking up!
One weird sidenote: I think my ovulation was totally delayed this cycle. It normally falls on Day 15 at the latest, but today is Day 21, and it's the first day above coverline. The last two days were slightly raised (like from 97.6 to 97.73) so that it looks like a stairstep pattern. We'll see when the next cycle actually starts, since the luteal phase is not supposed to vary much.
Regardless, the big question I have for you is: Should I try this coming cycle?
Reasons to try: One, I have all the medications needed in my hot little hands, thanks in part to an awesomely generous donation from Kara - if you're reading, thank you, Kara!!! Two, I am feeling excited about trying and this seems like a good sign. Three, every month counts at this point, right? And, even though I would have the same protocol, I did get three mature eggs, which is not bad.
Reasons not to try: One, my savings is still somewhat depleted and it would be a stretch financially. Once my teaching starts back up and my income starts coming in from the new job in a few weeks, I will be in a better place. Two, I'm irritated with this doctor, which is why I'm switching to the new one. Nothing will change in my protocol, and he'll still be Dr. Jaded Jim.
So, what do you think?